Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible a better future.
Functional Knowledge :
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
Business Expertise :
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
FEA Analysis Engineer :
The Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Center of Excellence at Applied Material is seeking outstanding engineer in FEA Analysis for hardware and process development of Semiconductor manufacturing equipment. We are looking for engineers with strong FEA modeling skills in structural and thermal analysis, who is eager to use simulations to solve complex problems and test the hypotheses. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
Required Qualifications And Skills :
- Masters (with 4-6 years of experience) in mechanical engineering
- Must have hands on experience in Design and development of industrial components using Finite Element Techniques with in-depth knowledge in following domains
- Static Linear and Nonlinear (basic and mandatory)
- Contact Nonlinear problems (mandatory)
- Thermal analysis with Radiation heat transfer modeling (mandatory)
- Thermal Stress (mandatory)
- Modal analysis (mandatory)
- Other vibration analyses (desired)
- Good theoretical and fundamental Knowledge in FEM and Structural mechanics
- Expert user of commercially available FEA analysis tool ANSYS (Workbench and Classic) APDL knowledge is desirable.
- Additional knowledge on CAD Tools (UG)/ spaceclaim is preferred.
- Experience with scripting using Matlab/Python is preferred.
- Prior experience or comprehensive knowledge on experimental characterization techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis using JMP is plus
- Excellent communication skills, Knowledge in writing reports.
- Work experience in semiconductor industry is plus
- Develop FE models to analyze the problems related to structural and thermal domains.
- Interpret analysis results with respect to results obtained by lab testing procedures, converting these results into practical design suggestions.
- Works on complex CAE problems to assist product development.
- Works on identifying product design and development problems where CAE analysis can accelerate development.
- Proactively validates/correlates results with real world data and makes model improvements as deemed necessary.
- Very good understanding of business unit processes and hardware; good knowledge of data analysis techniques to summarize CAE data.
Generates high-level engineering test reports and presents CAE results/conclusions to the design engineering community.
Education : Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience : 4 – 7 Years
Travel : Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible : Yes
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.