Engineer : IN, Chennai | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 22164
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Product Market Strategy & TechSales > Global Siting Solutions > Global Siting – AME
Wind and Site evaluation is a critical step in the Wind Power Plant sales process for Vestas. This position has an important role in identifying and quantifying technical risks of wind power projects, and generating and capturing value through innovative customized technical solutions. This is your opportunity to work with a global specialist who will offer industry coordinating training and technology within a committed working environment. You will be responsible from Wind & Site supporting the value engineering phase in the sales process. Your focus will be on the value adding high quality statistical analysis as well as project layout design, load assessments, and associated customer support. The main location is in Chennai, India.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Aerospace / Similar engineering is desired.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in engineering with background in wind resource assessment- sales support.
- Fluent and clear in written and spoken English.
- Added advantage – Certification in different levels of foreign languages like German, Spanish, Danish and Chinese.
- Experience with industry specific software applications such as WAsP, windPRO highly desired.
- Critical thinking mind set.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive situation and multi-task in a growing/deadline oriented environment.
- Good organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- proven flexibility working in a innovative and changing organization.
- Work in a structured and systematic way and have a consistent attention to detail, enabling you to meet deadline.
- Willing to work under different time shifts.
- Exposure to different cultures across Globe.
What We Offer
We offer an exciting and international job with significant opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at a well-known wind OEM. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a solid technical commitment. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity of both professional and personal development in a rapidly expanding organization. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th December 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.