Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Skills And Competencies
- Excellent understanding of Mechanical Engineering Principles (Structural, Theory of machines and Heat transfer)
- Ability to create design documents based on reviews and designer input. Understanding of engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Applies self-learning to derive component functioning
- Aware of DFM concepts & tries to use where possible
- Can fairly make assessment of part manufacturing processes.
- Aware & can navigate through design and simulation tools. Learns different tools and intent with hands-on experience
- Ability to run basic calculations to prove design
- Ability to optimally work on the below tasks with mentorship
- Contribute to design concepts, trade off analysis and does component selection to meet the technical specifications
- Contribute to design analysis and simulation for design optimization and confirmation to requirements
- Conduct testing as per test plans (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results
- Build design documents & artifacts as per design process
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2-4 years of experience
- Masters in relevant engineering domain (Mechanical Related).
- Experience with any MCAD tool (SolidWorks etc.).
- Handle low complexity Projects independently and medium complex projects with guidance.
- Build work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects with support from senior project managers.
- Engage with project cross functional teams for reviews to seek inputs under the guidance of senior project managers.
- Engage with project cross functional teams (CFT) for reviews to seek inputs under the guidance of Program & design managers.