Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. Due to continued success and ever-growing business in various regions across the globe, Water Modelling and Environment team is looking to hire professionals in the field of Urban Drainage Modelling. The role offers exciting opportunity to work on world class modelling projects and engagement with experienced modellers in the industry.
As Senior Wastewater Modeller, you will be managing on diverse range of sewerage related projects that deliver sustainable benefits to communities and the environment through a range of public and private sector clients.
- Supervise modeller in bringing together hydraulic modelling (1D-2D) and engineering aspects of the project. You will have to train modeller to understand the engineering constraints and opportunities associated with modelling solutions to drainage problems to ensure model outputs are realistic.
- Ability to check/ review, resolve issues associated with technical work including hydraulic modelling like model build (1D-2D), model verification, evaluation, feasibility, optioneering and outline design of solutions.
- Liaise with client on daily basis and build strong internal/external client relationships through value addition.
- Ability to influence the delivery teams to adopt the smarter way by developing automation tools along with high quality. Promote innovation and assist in larger digital initiatives.
- Take accountability of high standard deliverables by adopting various check/review methods and documentations.
- Manging the project team and client relationships, clarifying expectations and outcome measures in order to meet their requirements and deliver successful projects.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute their tasks and team members to meet deadlines within budget and demonstrate results will be desirable.
- Support team and business development by being part recruitment, staff development and wining new work in new regions.
- Has a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources or Environmental engineering or Geology or Geography.
- A Hydraulic modeller or designer with experience of 4 to 8 years in the water and wastewater consultancy industry.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Urban Drainage Modelling or Sewer/ Storm network modelling/ Design or Flood modelling.
- Hydraulic modelling includes model build (1D-2D), model verification, evaluation, feasibility, optioneering and outline design of solutions using hydraulic modelling software (preferably in InfoWorks CS/ICM SE/ICM 2D or Windes or Bentley suite of software).
- Other related software experience can be in TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, XPSWMM, MicroDrainage.
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of drainage infrastructure and practices related to UK water industry.
- Evidence of good progress towards relevant professional qualifications (i.e., ICE, CIWEM). Is a Chartered or ‘Near’ Chartered, looking to sit for Professional Review within 18-24 months.
- A strong, self-motivated and assertive person capable of working/managing under pressure.
- Good communication & writing skills.
- Flexible to adopt new work /challenge work as per business requirement.
- Has sound analytical skills in quantitative and data interpretation.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunities employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Kindly mention reference from www.curiosumportal.in when applying!